The following guidelines are set forth to foster and promote a positive, amicable and enjoyable playing atmosphere for all Metropolitan Tennis Group (MTG) members.
It is the mission of MTG to create the healthiest social and playing atmosphere for every member (and non‐member) who plays at an MTG event or attends one of its other functions.
The following rules outline what is unacceptable conduct. Our Code of Conduct, as set forth below, will be enforced by the Board of Directors or its agents, and will serve as a basis for possible disciplinary action against any offender who engages in inappropriate conduct outlined below or who exhibits any conduct that is detrimental to the welfare of MTG and its members.
1. All players shall engage in the highest degree of sportsmanship when playing a tennis match or practicing/hitting with other members, which includes arriving on time to matches and events and giving ample notice for cancellations. Cheating and poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated. Questionable/close line calls will be resolved amicably;
2. No stealing or theft of any kind (from facilities played in, from other members); no borrowing of equipment without permission;
3. No unauthorized use of court facilities or equipment therein;
4. No destruction of property—personal, league or otherwise;
5. No sexual harassment or harassment of any kind;
6. No inappropriate communications (i.e., improper, aggressive, or offensive), oral or written (including text, email, or other written instruments of communication), either circulated or made public in any way (via email, Facebook, Twitter, or other social media platform), directed at any MTG member or guest, with the intent to harass, embarrass or otherwise injure a fellow MTG player or guest;
7. No racquet-throwing or other flagrant and/or destructive displays of anger and frustration;
8. No profane language, or offensive gestures or other communication that may offend fellow players;
9. No pranks, horseplay, mocking or other behavior injurious to any fellow members;
10. No threats; no fighting, no aggressive behavior, verbal or physical; no provocation or inciting of members to fight or engage in aggressive behavior;
11. No falsification of membership information, USTA ratings or information on the membership or event registration forms;
12. No carrying or use of weapons, firearms or weapons of mass destruction (except your serve!);
13. No deliberate causing of delays, disruptions or disturbances on/off the court;
14. No insubordination or willful disregard of directives (referees, MTG Board members, facility staff);
15. No fraud, breach of trust; no criminal activity of any kind;
16. No retaliation, no stalking;
17. No discrimination based on racial/sexual/religious/disability criteria or otherwise;
18. No yelling, booing, heckling, taunting or name-calling;
19. No lack of courtesy or etiquette when meeting up with opponents at net after the conclusion of matches;
20. No assault and/or battery; no deliberate bumping during changeovers; no deliberate slamming the ball at opponents;
21. All fees for events and membership dues shall be timely paid;
22. It is desirable that all MTG members and non-members display the highest moral character, behavior and leadership at all times.Please follow these guidelines and make MTG the most pleasant and enjoyable playing atmosphere it can be!