REGISTRATION FULL. Now accepting registration for WAITING LIST .
(Note for registered members: If you have received a confirmation email/ processed payment for the event as well as a received an email reminding you of the event, please disregard this message. This portion of the event description is posted for members seeking to register when the event has reached capacity.)
Looking to improve your game/strategy, ground strokes, and more? Look no further. Join us for some terrific Drill & Play for levels 3.0 - 3.5.
Space is LIMITED to FOURTEEN (14) players and is on a first come, first serve basis.
How It Works:
A Roosevelt Island pro coordinates drills with six (6) players on one (1) court while on the next court four (4) players play doubles. Players rotate from drills court to doubles court (details below):
- Drills court: The drills court consists of practicing doubles strategy, volley/approach shots, king of the court, "sky ball," and other fun drills.
- Doubles court: Four (4) players play doubles while the others do drills. They will play four (4) games so that everyone gets a chance to serve once with no ad scoring. Once the games are completed, the four (4) players are rotated back into the other court for drills while a new set of four (4) players play doubles.
- The process repeats until the time allotted expires. The selection of the doubles match ups is done at the discretion of the Roosevelt Island pro with consultation with the MTG Coordinator.
- Tennis balls are provided by RIRC.
The Roosevelt Island Racquet Club is located at 281 Main Street, Roosevelt Island, NY 10044; (212) 935-0250.
- DIRECTIONS VIA TRAM: The Manhattan Tram Station is between 59th – 60th Street on Second Avenue the tram runs every 7.5 minutes during rush hour (weekdays 7 AM – 10 AM and 3 PM – 8:00 PM) and on the quarter hour all other times. On the island the Tram Station is just north of the club. The cost for the Tram is a regular fare (currently $2.25 each way) with MTA’s Metrocard and allow transfers as well. The ride is approximately 4 minutes each way.
All members will meet in the LOBBY at 8:45 PM (SHARP). Please arrive promptly so that the court assignments can be distributed and orientation to the facility can be provided to all attendees. The sooner we go through the formalities, the sooner we get on the courts!
- DIRECTIONS BY BUS: The Q102 bus stops on Roosevelt Island.
No food or drink will be provided by MTG for this event. There is fresh/cold water on each court. Feel free to bring your own drinks but PLEASE be careful on the courts. Please clean up diligently after yourselves, both on and off the courts. We are fortunate to play in this tennis complex and we want to maintain a good working relationship with the RIRC so we can continue to have future parties of this caliber. To that end, please throw away the tennis cans and balls at the end of the evening and place all waste in the proper bins. Let’s help preserve the environment and the RIRC.
There are full locker room facilities available (including showers) with limited availability to lockers. If you want to use a locker, please remember to bring a lock. Please note that the lockers are primarily for members of the club so there will likely not be locker available on the day of our event. However, if a locker is not available and you need to store items, we will find a way to make the necessary accommodations at the venue.
There is a 48 hour cancellation policy for our events. Please note that we will be unable to provide any refunds with less than 48 hours prior to our events. If you are unable to attend but can find a replacement, please notify us immediately so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
Matt Sicoli, Membership Director of MTG, will be your host for the evening. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact him (718) 570-3244; firstname.lastname@example.org).